The very first question which comes to our mind, while reading this blog is what Xenical is and what it is used for.
Xenical is used to decrease obesity. It is composed of Orlistat and is available in capsule form for oral administration. The drug acts by inhibiting absorption of fat in the body and helps in preventing weight gain. Obese and overweight people buy discount Xenical online to reduce weight and to maintain the weight which is already lost. The product should be used along with strict diet control and exercise. Patients should consume low calorie diet.It should be used by adults. Pregnant women are not advised to take medicine though if they are overweight or obese.
Duration of Treatment
Patients are advised to discontinue treatment with Orlistat after 12 weeks if there is no weight loss. An individual should atleast lose 5% of body weight when compared to start of therapy.
This drug should not be stopped immediately as it is likely to produce withdrawal symptoms. The most commonly seen withdrawal symptoms with Xenical are depression, pain, anxiety, back-pain, muscle-spasticity, hypertension.Orlistat reduces diabetes and improvesl cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
Xenical inhibits an enzyme, lipase. This has been associated with a rare liver injury. It should be used cautiouslare ay in patients with liver disease. An individual should inform his physician about any history of liver disease. The symptoms include yellowing of skin and eyes as in jaundice, stomach pain, due to excess bilirubin in urine makes it brown colored.
- Orlistat weight loss is associated with personality traits and not with the eating behavior.
- In a study published in a medical journal, patient who was on Orlistat treatment developed rapidly progressive kidney failure. The 80-year-old man with type 2 diabetes developed these withdrawal symptoms. After six months of Orlistat withdrawal, oxaluria was normalized and the kidney functioning was stable.
- In 2010, a safety review was published by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Orlistat because there was serious liver injury in individuals who consumed Xenical. The FDA stated that no evidence was found to confirm that Orlistat was the reason behind the reported liver injuries in patients who are using it. A study published in British Medical Journal (April 2013) showed that there is no evidence of increased risk of liver injury.
- Absorption of fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A, D, E and Kis significantly reduced when patients take Orlistat. It is advised to take multivitamin supplement daily before going to bed.
- The drug also produces gastrointestinal symptoms such as spots of oil, farting, fecal urgency, oil discretion, and increased changes.
- The longterm use of this medication may increase the incidence of cancers.
- There are cases wherein patients have regained the weight once Orlistat is stopped